Sinclair Broadcasting Group is seeking an ITIL Process Manager, based near Hunt Valley, MD who will work on a hybrid basis both remotely and in the office. This role will primarily be responsible for stewardship of the Configuration Management Data Base (CMDB). As Process Manager for the CMDB, this role will be tasked with overseeing its population, maturation, and maintaining its level of consistency. They will work closely with other process leads to ensure that asset specific information can be gathered and disseminated using efficient and consistently followed processes.
Additionally, the selected individual will oversee the Knowledge Management process, keeping a close watch on the knowledgebase article repository and assisting anyone in need of guidance.
Finally, this person will assist in the Transition Management process, ensuring the optimal transition of IT projects/major releases to an operational state. They will also ensure the immediate realization of the business value of IT projects through the implementation and management of established processes, establish and maintain effective communication changes with IT and business stakeholders throughout the transition to operations lifecycle, and provide overall governance and execution of transition to operation activities.
- Assess the current state of the CMDB, work with Infrastructure teams, Applications teams, Service Management Office, and other teams to ensure that records, fields, and data are consistent and correct, making any adjustments as needed
- Assess the existing CMDB process documentation and modify as needed. Develop and maintain any new documentation
- Facilitate CMDB audits, review and approve all changes to the CMDB, creating and chairing the CMDB board, develop reports/dashboards and present metrics to management
- Advocate/mentor/socialize the importance surrounding the usage of the CMDB and report on noncompliance
- Develop and maintain transition to operations policies and procedures to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Oversee scheduling, planning, prioritization, risk management and dependencies to ensure the effective transition to operations across the enterprise
- Ensure Project teams and stakeholders follow the agreed service transition processes and procedures,
- Promotes best in class, ITIL based service transition practices
- Establish and tracks process metrics and monitors process maturity based on identified KPIs and reports
- Facilitate meetings with Project Managers, Business Partners, and business leaders / owners to ensure transition processes are followed
- Ensures Change Delivery and Service Providers are sufficiently engaged in transition of services into the production
- Promote continuous improvement of the service transition process
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with Configuration Management
- ITIL Foundations Certification (v3 or v4) required; ITIL Intermediate preferred
- Significant experience with ServiceNOW
- Experience maturing and managing a Configuration Management Data Base (CMDB)
- Familiarity with Knowledge Management and Transition Management and ITIL pillars
- Ability to prepare reports, dashboards, and speak to the metrics displayed; develop metrics and reporting tools that can be used to measure effectiveness and efficiency of processes
- Ability to present themselves professionally and communicate with users at all levels of expertise
- Strong written communication skills, especially that which involves technical documentation
- Strong ability to set and achieve deliverables, as well as hold others accountable
- Experience in managing customer relationships, understanding business imperatives, shaping service and solutions propositions, and negotiating win-win outcomes
- Minimum of B.S. in an information-systems type curriculum required
- Experience with Knowledge Management preferred
- Experience with (Service) Transition Management preferred
- Exposure to Change Enablement and Problem Management
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.