Cardinal Health is looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our team of expert Identity and Access Management (IAM) engineers. The role will be reporting direct to the IAM Identity Forward Engineering Services Manager and will be responsible for implementing innovative IAM solutions that integrate our existing Identity Services.
In this position, you will be part of a team of Software Engineers who are engaged in a large-scale effort to design, develop, implement and support leading edge services internal web-based Identity Services with Agile methodology. You will provide support for an existing range of services and design innovative solutions that integrate into the existing platform and to automate business processes used by internal and external partners. You must be adept at problem solving, workflow analysis, interpersonal relations, and have excellent oral/written communications skills. You have the ability to promote a spirit of partnership and collegiality across administrative and functional areas of the company. In return, you will work with state of the art tools and methodologies.
This team supports Cardinal Health’s internal and external identities Responsibilities:
- Work closely with business stakeholders, product owners and Engineers to understand requirements and translate to design solutions
- Source code development and maintenance of tooling and automation applications that enable Single Sign-on.
- Unit test case development for front and backend development that will be integrated into the continuous integration environment.
- Maintain and administrate source code versioning and release management.
- Support production as needed and meet development schedules
- Provide support to the SSO Onboarding team and users in internal corporate forums.
- Work in an Agile environment
Technical and Professional Expertise:
- 4 plus years Java experience
- 3+ years experience solving complex design problems for web interactions or software solutions.
- Experience in demonstrating software engineering skills in developing or modifying large scale software
- Experience securing web applications with Single Sign On technologies and others such as SAML and OAuth.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- 3 plus years experience in designing RESTful web services that integrate multiple backend web-services.
- Minimum 3 + years of experience leading technical integrations. Ie. Broad knowledge of network, Database, Server, Cloud computing.
- Minimum 2+ years of using Sailpoint, Okta, and CyberArk products (preferred).
- Experience of Agile process and best practices
- Working knowledge of DevOps required. Examples: Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud Build, Spinnaker, Concourse, Maven etc.
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of two or more technologies preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.