Implementation Manager, Professional Lab Services
Virtual/Remote with travel; NJ-based candidate preferred
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. As an Implementation Manager for Professional Lab Services, you will have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
The Implementation Manager for Professional Lab Services (PLS) is responsible for the implementation of large and/or complex Hospital Lab Management arrangements as part of the overall strategy of the PLS group to grow our business through hospital partnerships. These arrangements require multi-hospital network implementation planning and execution, and rigorous collaboration with the regional Business Unit.
- Provides direction re: operational implementation and resulting cost opportunities in order to estimate individual business opportunities in due diligence stage
- Provides oversight re: proposed modeling in the implementation of laboratory management contracts.
- Directs staff resources in the deployment, management and execution of all aspects of hospital implementation plans, including HR, IT, Medical, Procurement, Billing and Operations
- Directs and oversees Regional Implementation Managers.
- Represents Quest Diagnostics to external customers in initial stages of transition Lab Management kick-offs by presenting high-level transition plans and implementation plans. Directs process with Regional and corporate operations and hospital clients’ senior staff.
- Collaborates with hospital senior staff on an ongoing basis to ensure needs of hospital are met
- Oversees national implementation needs by collaborating with senior HR, Procurement, IT and Operational stakeholders
- Ultimate accountability for successful and timely client launches on a national basis
- Directs hospital and regional implementation staff in working to achieve successful outcomes.
- Provides regular presentation summaries to PLS senior team to ensure successful transition plans
- Oversees multiple simultaneous launches and associated resources using project management skills to implement arrangements in multi-sites with complex test menus and staffing requirements. Will be working together with PLS Project Director, PLS Implementation Director and Regional Operations
- Reports to Implementation Director, PLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Biology, or other related sciences
- 7 or more years managerial experience in the laboratory industry, preferably in a hospital setting
- Excellent executive presence
- Ability to travel
- Considerable knowledge of the hospital laboratory and laboratory industry in general
- Strong project management, organizational, and analytical skills
- Candidate must be results oriented and capable of working independently in the field
- Ability to manage large and or complex multi-hospital implementation
- Ability to manage multiple engagements concurrently
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a very dynamic team environment
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills
- Strong client interaction skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with key PC software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mapping, Minitab)
Desirable Job Requirements:
- Master’s in Business or Healthcare Administration
- Certified Six-Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Completed Project Management courses or PMP certification
Please note: Domestic travel will be 50-75% and may vary between implementations.