JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Review and comment on vendor and other basic contracts, provide assistance related to bank loans, respond to subpoenas and other court orders and assist bank operations personnel in resolving issues as they arise, prepare notices and applications to bank regulatory agencies, conduct legal research, review and complete subscription documents for private equity and similar investments, review closing documents for real estate and other transactions, administer closings, maintain contracts and other files, track contractual obligations, and assist with corporate governance matters.
REPORTS TO: General Counsel.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least seven years as paralegal or equivalent experience in one or more of the following: corporate, transactional, banking and real estate matters
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to handle numerous competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify and resolve or escalate issues in a timely manner and anticipate support needs of attorney
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to interact with people at all levels of the corporate structure
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat Pro
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.