The In Room Dining server will work with the Server Assistants to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction through the accurate and timely delivery of all orders and amenities received per the Order Taker. The incumbent should be able to anticipate guests' needs and address them accordingly in order to provide guests with a delightful experience. Additionally, the servers should maintain a clean work environment and help keep the In Room Dining area organized as instructed by the management team.
The In Room Dining Server reports directly to the In Room Dining Manager
What will I be doing?
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
• Fine dining service a must!
• Must possess all required working cards prior to working shifts ( Nevada Health, Tam and Serve Safe)
• Must clock in and out as required when working a shift (6) times during a single shift
• Must clock in on time and no earlier or later than the schedule shift unless requested to do so by Management.
• Provide excellent service at all times to all of our guests
• Assist guests courteously and efficiently
• Extensive knowledge of food and beverage in order to service and up sell our product, including liquors and cocktails
• Deliver amenities into guest rooms when required
• Make sure that all silver and glasses are wiped and spotless
• Double checks all orders before leaving prep area to ensure guest service in the room is seamless and flawless
• Must work together with Management to resolve discrepancies or issues and also any ideas on how to improve a standard.
• Make sure that all product served are accounted for on the final bill before presenting
• Anticipate guest needs, as to where guests will never have to ask for anything
• Attend all food and beverage training classes
• Following the posted opening and closing duties and side work sheet
• Attend daily pre meal/communication meeting
• Attend monthly department meeting
• Generate a good atmosphere
• Have a minimum of 2 years experience in a luxury in-room dining establishment
• Willing to work a flexible schedule and holidays.
• Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner
• Have an in-depth knowledge of food and preparation
• Have a good knowledge of wine
• Be able to relate to all levels of guests and management
• Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
• Have excellent communication and organization skills
• Be able to consistently delight and satisfy our guest
• Have the ability to handle guest requests in a detailed manner
• Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
• Professional appearance and demeanor at all times
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to Director of Human Resources.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!