Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a global leader in industrial packaging products and services and is pursuing its vision to become the world’s best performing customer service company in industrial packaging. The company produces steel, plastic and fibre drums, intermediate bulk containers, reconditioned containers, flexible products, containerboard, uncoated recycled paperboard, coated recycled paperboard, tubes and cores and a diverse mix of specialty products. The company also manufactures packaging accessories and provides filling, packaging and other services for a wide range of industries. Greif also manages timber properties in the southeastern United States. The company is strategically positioned with 290 operating locations in 43 countries to serve global as well as regional customers.
Experienced at troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining all types of paper mill machines/equipment. Strong skills in Electrical knowledge of AC & DC Drives, control valves and instrumentation, series circuits, parallel circuits as well as PLC, working with a wide range of voltages and 3 phase power distribution systems and equipment. Ensures operation of electrical systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements of machines, programmable controllers, transformers, voltage regulators, and machinery wiring; following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications; troubleshooting. Must be available to work Mon-Fri, 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM w/OT as required.
- Install wiring and conduit for newly installed and existing equipment.
- Including, but not limited to, replacing faulty electrical components on machinery such as relays, switches, and motors, and position sensing devices such as proximity switch timers, scanners, and photoelectric devices.
- Diagnose and repair/replace faulty electronic components such as printed circuit boards, etc…
- Troubleshoot drives, i.e. AC and DC.
- Read and understand electrical block diagrams, schematics as well as PLC ladder logic.
- Understand and adhere to industrial safety practices and company policies.
- Install, repair and service specialized electrical equipment and machinery.
- Requisition materials and supplies from the stockroom and recommend purchases and supplies.
- Train, understand, maintain and adhere to the CMMS system and its organizational ability as it applies to the electrical department throughout the mill.
- Perform ancillary trade work relative to the mill’s electrical scheme.
- Understand and adhere to all Arc Flash and LO/TO safety requirements within the National Standards and also the Greif internal safety policies.
- Utilize hand tools, electrical testing equipment, and basic shop tools.
- Incorporate and maintain safety observations, including but not limited to, use of all PPE, ensuring guards are in place and functioning properly and safety features are working and promoting good safety practices and habits.
- Troubleshoot E&I devices.
- Troubleshoot control systems; DCS system & PLC’s.
- Have a good understanding of industrial networking; Ethernet ip, device net, control net, etc.
- Accept training that increases personal knowledge of the mill’s electrical scheme and the components that comprise the system throughout.
- Ability to work Mon-Fri, 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM w/OT as required.
- High School Diploma, or GED required. Completion of an Industrial Electrical Apprenticeship program preferred.
- 5 or more years of industrial/manufacturing experience as an Electrician
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Electrical systems maintenance experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Have the knowledge and be capable of building power panels and other related equipment
- Be able to test electrical equipment to perform duties in a timely manner
- Have the knowledge of electrical theory in analog, digital circuits, communication, computers, ohms laws, and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of all mechanically powered sources, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, etc.
- Must have experience with control valves, transmitters, and PLC
- Extensive knowledge of primary and secondary power systems, motors, switch gears, electrical panels, lighting systems, and general equipment maintenance.
- Must understand high voltage systems, grounding systems, fuses, and transformer maintenance.