Industrial Electrical Technician
Summary: The Electrical Technician will be required to execute electrical/mechanical programs, repair/modify existing equipment/instrumentation, and install new equipment/instrumentation. Each technician is empowered with the responsibility and authority to complete his/her assigned tasks. Each technician must possess the utmost level of integrity and be wholly accountable for their actions. In addition to the duties and responsibilities, each technician must have a minimum degree of skill and abilities in the following areas:
- Work Ethics
- Maintenance Practices
- Equipment Knowledge
- Administration Procedures
An Electrical Technician must be able to complete his/her assigned work with supervision. He/she is responsible for keeping the Electrical Shop supervisors apprised of his progress regarding daily work and/or specific projects.
An Electrical Technician should assist the Electrical Shop supervisors and more senior electricians as necessary in the completion of required work in the mill.
Required Skills: Industrial Electrical Technicians are required to provide their own hand tools necessary to complete work commensurate with their experience level. As an electrical technician is promoted within the Electrical Shop, he/she is expected to acquire tools appropriate to the level of work assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 3 - 5 years of electrical systems maintenance experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Have the knowledge and be capable of building power panels and other related equipment
- Be able to test electrical equipment to perform duties in a timely manner
- Be able to work overhead, off of a ladder, scissors lift in very high areas
- Must be able to stoop, bend to work below knee level
- Have the knowledge of electrical theory in analog, digital circuits, communication, computers, OHMS laws, and instrumentation.
- Knowledge of all mechanical powered sources, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, etc.
- Must have experience with control valves, transmitters and PLC
- Extensive knowledge of primary and secondary power systems, motors, switch gears, electrical panels, lighting systems, and general equipment maintenance.
- Must understand high voltage systems, grounding systems, fuses, and transformer maintenance.
- Must be able to lift and move 50 pounds without mechanical assistanc