Industrial Engineer / Lean - Lead- Clifton, New Jersey - Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm - must have some flexibility for off shifts and weekends.
The Industrial Engineer / Lean Lead plays a key role in the definition, development, implementation, and on-going improvement of the Lean frameworks. Responsible for the facilitation of Lean across the organization, helping form and inform new and existing Value Stream teams, and promoting accountability and transparency across all levels of the organization. Responsible for multiple initiatives, consistently implementing Lean tools / practices throughout the operation. This includes the implementation of sustainable process improvements as well as the tracking and measuring the results. Overall quality improvements will be the main focus for this role through the implementation of standard work & 5S as well as other Lean tools. Productivity and efficiency improvements as well as the implementation of Kanban systems will also be will also be in the scope for this position.
- Coordinates and directs site’s Lean conversion activities
- Actively deploy and coach the organization on Lean tools and facilitates Kaizen events
- Assist in the creation of key metrics for groups company wide and develops the performance measurements
- Lead and facilitate cross functional problem solving and process improvement teams
- Identify improvement opportunities across various Value Streams
- Supports the development of yellow, green and black belt candidates
- Develops 5S methodologies to ensure a clean, orderly, and safe work environment
- Facilitate root cause identification of work flow impediments and other wastes throughout the business and identify the correct Lean tool to use to improve these
- Coordinate and champion value improvement projects throughout the business
- Coordinate and lead facility layout and design projects
- Create and update labor standards
- Help define and promote company’s Lean vision, methodology, practices and tooling to enhance overall performance
- Coaches and mentors management teams providing Lean transformation strategy and implementation advise
- Develops and maintains Lean training material and curriculum to enable continued development of internal capability in the application of these materials
- Quantifies and publicizes the realized benefits of Lean improvements as it applies to the company’s financial performance
- Provide leadership and technical expertise in the design, planning, construction and maintenance of facility related infrastructure. Support facility modifications and capital improvement projects. Collaborate in the coordination and execution of building space allocations.
- Audits existing processes and systems to assess / determine required improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Engineering or related discipline with 5 years of experience. MBA or Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of 3 years in a regulated manufacturing environment such as medical device / pharmaceutical / IVD a must.
- Demonstrated experience in Lean manufacturing & Toyota Production Systems
- Strong project and time management skills
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification highly desirable
- Ability to translate performance improvement to financial performance
- Ability to utilize presentation skills to influence others to meet project objectives
- Demonstrated knowledge of process controls techniques including statistical process control and data analysis techniques
- Financial reporting experience
Personal Trait Profile:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication & influencing skills
- Highly self-driven / motivated
- Excellent listening skills
- Results oriented