Schaeffler, a global automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking an Engineer Manager for the Joplin, MO campus. Please note that this position is not eligible for an expatriate assignment.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Responsible for accuracy of Production Work Standards and maintaining Standard Costs for manufactured parts and assembled bearings in the SAP system. Involves review of processes and assignment of appropriate production times. Application of machining rates and input of raw material and purchased costs allows the SAP System to assign Standard Costs.
Supports Production by developing/enhancing process flow of Standard Product Groups to produce a quality product at minimal cost in a safe working atmosphere.
Involved in the Plant Budgeting Process. Assisting in Review of the Manufacturing Processes for Production Scheduling, Capacity Analysis, and Headcount Determination. Make vs. Buy and Cost/Benefit Analysis are also performed.
Manages supervisors who supervises employees, as well as non-management employees. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports and departments within unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Maintain up to date costing information and provide timely and accurate Periodic Reports involving Joplin Plant Productivity.
Qualified applicants will have:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field and 10 years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Capable of Classical I.E. Functions: Performing accurate Stopwatch Time Studies, with Development and Application of Standard Data.
- Calculation of Standard Costing, Manufacturing Margin and Cost/Benefit Analysis.
Tasks (Description of main tasks)
- Develops department expense and capital investment budget to support the annual operating needs in line with Schaeffler’s budget process.
- Interacts with Shop Floor Supervision, Setters and/or machine operators to resolve discrepancies.
- Manage special projects such as Cell Implementation or Cycle-Time-Reduction.
- Planning, developing and designing the necessary tooling, for all machines used in production.
- Interface with all individuals associated with the above product groups to assure the optimum methods, process and equipment are incorporated for successful operations.
- Analyze problems/items to reduce cost, document findings and implement corrective action.
- Develops production performance reports, in conjunction with Shop Floor supervision, including detail of downtime.
- Directs department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
- Analyzes technology trends, safety needs, and market demand to plan projects.
- Confers with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Forecasts operating costs of department and directs preparation of budget requests.
- Advises management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Provides direction and example for interpretation and application of company policies and procedures to the engineering activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations, and develops recommendations accordingly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans