The Level 1 Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Provide support to senior ISSOs for implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Assist with the CM for information system security software, hardware, and firmware
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of documentation
- Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs , network switches, etc. to include system upgrades
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program
- Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program, or enclave
- Develop and maintain documentation for C&A
- Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation
- Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware
- Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-today security operations of the system
- Develop system security policy and ensures compliance
- Five (5) years’ experience as an ISSO on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Experience is to include at least one (1) of the following areas:
- knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited College or University is required.
- DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level I or higher is required.
- Four (4) years of additional experience as an ISSO may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.