Information Systems Site Support Team Lead
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This position is part of the global Information Systems team, you will be responsible for the application of Information Systems (IS) technology knowledge and expertise to any IS activity within all IS process domains, to support business needs and help solving difficult topics. As an IS Site Support Lead you must be capable to work independently while delivering quality support to local business and IS users.
Reporting to the IS Service Manager, you will be part of a team applying strong Information Systems application technology knowledge and expertise to assist with global business needs and help solve difficult topics.
- Leadership: Primary responsibility for supporting the implementation of the IT Operations & Engineering Leadership strategic goals support by ensuring that the Operations & Engineering applications meet the needs of the Electrification Installation Products business as a whole.
- Oversee day-to-day business support activities in conjunction with infrastructure and operations to ensure the applications perform well in production.
- Collaborate closely and build productive relationships with Business and Operations Leaders across the organization.
- General Site Administration: Develop a detailed understanding of the issues, challenges, and opportunities that face business operations and help influence how applications can enable new sources of value.
- Support the develop and enhancement of methodologies and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that applications processes (including those of external service providers) are conducted in line with corporate social responsibility, environmental and technical policies and applicable standards and legislation.
- Support appropriate IS solution/service according to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs), in time, in budget and at quality.
- Proactively support the installation, management, maintenance, and optimization of internal and cross-functional processes related to IS Services.
- Governance for assigned tasks, executes all actions in IS processes according to agreed RACIS (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed, Support) specification.
- System and User Support: Support the End to End Warehousing Processes including Receiving, Put away, Order Processing, Picking, Packing, Shipping, ASN, PO Management, SO Management, Wave management, Inventory Management, Yard Management, RF Technologies.
- Support the resolution of business operational issues.
- Support the training of users on system processes and changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support overall objective of the position.
- System Configuration, Design, Development, Validation, and Implementation: Documents functional capabilities of BLUE YONDER (JDA) WMS and Material Handling software and integrations of BLUE YONDER WMS and Material Handling software to other ABB systems.
- Documents business requirements and functional specifications for site application enhancement requests.
- Coordinate site support team in resolving questions and issues during configuration and development cycles.
- Support the development of testing cases and executes test scripts to ensure that systems meet the needs of the business during all test cycles.
- Executes implementation tasks and ensures successful go-live as directed.
- Governance for assigned tasks, executes all actions in IS processes according to agreed RACIS specification.
- People leadership and development: Provides leadership to work teams, guiding and monitoring task completion, sharing expert knowledge and advice normally without carrying line responsibility.
- Coaching and developing work team skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organization, as well as building on existing recruiting capabilities to address new needs and skills gaps.
- Detailed information pertaining to a particular job assignment is developed in conjunction with the annual performance management process.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related is required with 8 or more years of total experience as an IS Manager, Project Manager, Program Manager or Agile Product Manager with proven Blue Yonder experience.
- Must have 3+ years of demonstrated experience supporting Blue Yonder (JDA) warehouse software in and on premise or Software as a Service (SaaS) environments.
- At least 3+ years of experience in data networking technologies including hardware, system software and networking. MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert), CNE (Certified Netware Administrator) certification is a plus.
- Must have proven experience leading and delivering applications support across manufacturing, logistics, and distribution processes is strongly preferred.
- Must have proven ability to handle daily operational and maintenance responsibilities.
- Must have Good analytical problem-solving techniques and organizational skills.
- Must be team oriented that supports users across business and IS groups.
- Must have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Must be able to lift computer related equipment repetitively.
- Flexible to work different shifts if necessary and overtime with little or no notice.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy and generating profitable growth for the Electrification Business Area. Our 10,000 strong commercial team represents the portfolio of all Electrification Business Area Divisions in over 100 countries. Our unmatched domain expertise across key industry verticals and channels combined with our truly global footprint makes us able to deliver extraordinary business results, supporting our customers with solutions which address their current needs, whilst considering the future emerging trends such as Urbanization, Digitalization and Shift to Electricity and Sustainable Energy.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.