2020 Clayton Technology Internships
Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation’s leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing.
Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry; we take pride in ensuring that all Clayton homeowners receive a high level of customer service from the time they visit one of our Home Centers all the way through to the time they take ownership of their new home.
*All Clayton Technology Summer Internship roles will focus upon and require completion of a project for presentation to our technology leadership team. The applicable project scope will be discussed during the hiring and onboarding process.
Data Analyst Intern (2 Interns needed)
A Data Analyst Intern will design and develop analytic solutions leveraging centrally managed reporting tools such as Cognos, Tableau and Microsoft BI (SSRS, Power Pivot, SharePoint BI) and will create visually appealing reports and dashboards that intuitively present information. If you have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think outside of the box, self-motivated, and strong verbal and written communication skills, then this would be a fit for you.
Information Security Intern
The selected intern will define and create documentation for an internal security training program. Working with the Security Team, this position will entail working on a team project with other Security Team members. The project will focus on the development of the Team’s training program by translating the idea of the program into an effective training product to be used by all new analysts joining the team.
Automation Engineering Intern
The Automation Engineering intern will work with the new Clayton automated facilities to analyze current automated processes and consult on potential process improvements. We do not currently have automated engineering knowledge internally and would like to have someone that can dig into the details and provide feedback on our automated processes. The intern will work closely with the GMs at both new facilities to identify specific areas to focus on during the internship.
Requires skills, Knowledge, and abilities:
- Must be a current student studying toward a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Must be a Junior or Senior in good academic standing with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be customer service minded, a self-starter and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools. Experience with Excel a must
- Must possess the ability to think critically; analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have Sound ethical judgment and the ability to be trusted to work with sensitive information
- Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of team members
- The ideal candidate will be attentive to detail and be self-motivated and driven in their work
- Must be eager to learn and enjoy working in a team atmosphere
PLEASE NOTE: Other area specific technical skills, experience and knowledge may be required
Interns will receive hands on training and experience to better understand our corporate atmosphere. The purpose is to bridge the gap between the academic setting and a future work environment.
- 12 week paid internship (May 17 – August 9, 2019)
- Wellness Programs and On-site fitness facility
- On-site restaurant
- 18-hole disc golf course
You will find much more information about Clayton Homes by visiting our career site at:
Job Category: Information Technology
5000 CLAYTON RD
MARYVILLE, Tennessee, 37804
JobCategory: Information Technology