The General® Insurance, also known as Permanent General Companies, Inc., is a growing company and a leading non-standard automobile
insurance provider. We are currently seeking qualified applicants for Initial Claims Handler II. We offer great training, a well defined career path and a fun and challenging work environment where the right candidate will learn and grow with the company. We pride ourselves on teamwork and quality customer service. If you do too, please check us out!
The General® offers a generous benefits package to its employees including medical, dental, vision and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), 401(k) participation with a matching contribution,wellness initiatives and much more!
Reporting to a Claims Supervisor, the Initial Claims Handler II will be primarily responsible for investigating and settling vehicle accident claims over the phone and through written correspondence. This level of claims adjuster will handle 1st and 3rd party claims. Will be required to investigate and determine coverage and liability and make the appropriate payments based on their decisions. This level of adjuster may also investigate and handle fire, theft and claims suspicious in nature. May also be introduced to minor bodily injury settlements. Essential job
responsibilities for this position will include:
- Evaluate and investigate policy coverage, liability and damages in a timely manner following a set of general claim and statutory guidelines.
- Assist internal and external customers with problems or questions regarding claims by phone or through written correspondence while providing a high level of customer service.
- Establish initial reserves for all potential exposures and adjust as appropriate throughout the claim.
- Investigate and evaluate claims using a lowest ultimate cost strategy.
Establish and maintain appropriate diary of open claims following company guidelines.
- Conduct thorough investigations which can include obtaining necessary documents and forms from claimants and insureds; conduct recorded statements.
Ensure timely completion of appraisals and determine accident related damages.
Negotiate timely and appropriate settlements with claimants, insureds and attorneys; issue proper payments.
- Open and process correspondence related to assigned claims.
Recognize recovery opportunities regarding subrogation