The General is seeking an experienced personal auto claims adjuster with expertise in coverage and liability investigations to join our company.
Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement in the ranks – if you’ve got the ambition. (Just don’t try and achieve the rank of General –there’s only one of him!) The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.Responsibilities
What You'll Do
Reporting to one of the Property Damage Claims Supervisors, you will be assigned to a team of adjusters and be responsible for investigating and settling vehicle accident claims over the phone and through written correspondence. As the Initial Handler III, you will handle claims that require intense coverage or liability investigations. These claims may involve multiple vehicles, excess property damage exposures and first call injury settlements. You will also serve as a mentor to less experienced adjusters and may assist in their training and development. Responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and investigate policy coverage, liability and damages in a timely manner while following a set of general claims and statutory guidelines.
- Assist internal and external customers with problems or questions regarding claims by phone or through written correspondence while providing a high level of customer service.
- Conduct thorough investigations including obtaining necessary documents and forms from claimants and insureds; conducting recorded statements.
- Recognize excess exposures and effectively communicate verbally and in writing to the insured.
- Recognize potential exposure of injury and the ability to reach a settlement during the first contact.
- Ensure timely completion of appraisals and determine accident related damages.
- Negotiate timely and appropriate settlements with claimants, insureds and attorneys and issue appropriate payments.
- Recognize recovery opportunities in regards to subrogation and salvage.