Do you possess a broad understanding of the animal feed industry? Do you have significant industry-related work experience in sales? Can you develop strong work relationships with customers, suppliers, and co-workers? Are you a creative thinker who can work autonomously to build a strong business? If you said yes to all of these questions, AND, you are detail-oriented with a solid understanding of the technical nature of sales, we want to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Inside Sales Manager (ISM) will lead a team of customer service specialists that will drive achievement of the annual sales budget, while actively participating in a small, collaborative team environment. He/she will leverage their extensive background (training, work experience, technical expertise) in inside sales and customer service for immediate impact. The ISM will build/expand relationships with current customer key stakeholders and industry influencers for long term success, positioning the WE portfolio as the brand of choice. He/she will develop and execute an inside sales plan aimed to position Wilbur Ellis Nutrition as the leading pet food additive and ingredient solution provider. He/she will also focus on improving our customer service processes by focusing on delivering a world-class experience from order to invoice and beyond. WE team members will work together to identify market trends/needs and contribute to the overall business plan for the long-term success of the business.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant industry-related field preferred (ex: animal science, nutrition, marketing, business management)
- Significant industry-related work experience; Ideally 3-5+ years in a supervisory role
- Successful track record (demonstrable over a sustained period) in a results-driven hands-on role where managing, leading and implementing inside sales and customer service strategies
- Existing network in the pet food and rendering industry
- Expertise in leveraging CRM systems and sales pipelines
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 20% of the time, including overnights
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to work well independently and in teams
- Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES INCLUDE:
- Develop and implement a plan to achieve the sales budget and targeted individual products/programs
- Develop and implement customer service strategy and processes to create a world-class customer experience from order to invoice.
- Build & maintain relationships with high priority end-users and industry influencers with our customer base to drive product sales
- Provide product training, technical support, and stewardship, as well as participate in industry events to support the business and the business objectives
- Collaborate with team members to maximize business results in both the short and long term in areas such as marketing, customer support, supply chain and regulatory
- Build the WE brand into the position of market leadership in the market
- Identify new opportunities for WE to participate in the market with existing and future products/services
- Utilize KPI’s regularly to monitor/report progress toward goals and report on processes, competitors, market conditions, etc
- Identify and leverage market influencers
- Provide territory sales forecasts
- Comply with all WE policies
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- All applicable company benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager before applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Sales Nutrient manager animal science marketing Sales Nutrient manager animal science marketing Sales Nutrient manager animal science marketing Sales Nutrient manager animal science marketing