What Inside Sales contributes to Cardinal Health
Inside Sales Services is responsible for cold calling, prospecting and developing relationships with an assigned set of customers that will increase account penetration, revenue growth and customer satisfaction. Focus on driving increased sales to achieve the goals and objectives identified by Cardinal Health and the customer.
What is expected of you for success in your role?
- Ability to work M-F 8:30-5:00
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of Cardinal Health and customer industry, including: key competitors, terminology, technology, challenges, reimbursement and demonstrates basic knowledge of customers’ unique business needs related to Cardinal Health offerings; demonstrates working knowledge of how Cardinal Health offerings match with a customers' unique business needs
- Initiate and takes ownership of principles of territory management, including: account planning, selling processes, post-sales implementation processes.
- Initiate introductory customer calls with the objective of developing a long-term business relationship
- Maximize customer relationships through timely routine contact with both new and existing customers
- Effectively negotiate and collaborate with customers and colleagues to influence support for mutually beneficial outcomes
- Consult with supervisor or senior peers on complex and unusual problems
- Functional knowledge of current applicable computer operating systems, and computer software/hardware processes and procedures.
Accountabilities in this role
- Responsible for managing a large territory with the direct objective to increase account penetration, revenue growth and customer satisfaction within the laboratory business segment
- Focus areas will include, driving new business, providing optimal service and targeting private brand growth
- The individual must be able to take lead in delivering complex, broad-based portfolios of solutions that meet customer needs and builds and sustains relationships with key contacts.
- Achieve assigned sales goals and customer contact frequency
- Demonstrate positive interactions with customers and team members
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Adhere to the core values of the company
- Work under moderate supervision
- Call on current and potential customers at hospital and independent labs in an assigned geographical area, for the purpose of converting new business, maintaining current customers and growing markets share.
- Demonstrate solution-based selling skills to analyze customer needs and consult with customers to recommend suitable services, products, and solutions to meet the customers' needs
- Identify market intelligence on competitive activity, communicate to appropriate internal resources in a timely manner; develop and implement sales plans to meet business goals.
- Converts existing and potential customers' use of targeted products and services and ensures sustained and expanded sales of these products and services.
- Create and maintain real-time database of market intelligence and sales activity utilizing automated customer relationship and sales management system.
- Support and follow established pricing policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested and works effectively with other team members to ensure the goals and objectives of the organization are met.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Strong process management, customer service, and communication skills
- 1-2 years proven outside or inside sales experience
- Self-motivated to achieve goals
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.