Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
This role reports to C and I District Sales Manager South and is located at Phoenix, Arizona. As an Inside Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining productive working relationships with assigned channel partners at all levels of their organization.
- Plan and implement sales strategies to maximize market share and margin with channel partners.
- Create and manage SPA's (Sales and Purchase Agreement) for strategic partners and end users.
- Develop selling strategies to negotiate and close deals.
- Develop trust with customers to be the first escalation point when they need assistance.
- Generate cross-selling leads and make it easier to do business with ABB.
- Identify and track upcoming sales opportunities and influence customer specifications to favor ABB.
- Conduct presentations to create awareness of complete ABB solutions.
- Introduce new products to existing customer base and identify target customers.
- Create strategic account plans for key customers.
- Meet or exceed assigned volume measurements.
- Develop cost effective and creative proposals based on drawings and specifications, provide value engineering suggestions and provide full packages to differentiate from competition.
- Understand market pricing and utilize to successfully close opportunities.
- Provide market feedback, competitive intelligence and hit-rate information to business and sales leadership.
- Track sales leads, wins and losses in Customer Response Management (CRM) system and perform analysis on hit-rate data.
- Create customer marketing programs New Product Introduction (NPI) launch, training to promote ABB products and services.
- Identify new customers and create customer profiles to understand ABB’s position.
- Participate in industry and local organizations to build relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Sales and at least 2 additional years of experience in Sales.
- Ability and willingness to possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / Industrial Distribution would be preferred.
- Experience with complex contact negotiations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical industry and ABB products.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience working with contractors & channel partners.
- Strong technical application, take-off and proposal development skills.
- Customer-focused mindset with proven ability to respond quickly to customer needs.
- Strong coordination and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of customer financial drivers / needs.
- Six Sigma or equivalent Quality training.
- Ability to utilize analytical software and sales tools.
- Strong oral, written communication skills and presentation skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.