Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employing approxmately 23,500 people and have global sales of approxmately US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit www.ardaghgroup.com
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
The Spray Adjuster/Operator is responsible for the set-up, tending, and adjusting of the can sprayer, ovens, and other related equipment.
Tools and equipment
Can spraying, ovens, elevators, conveyors and related equipment. Tanks, pumps, piping, industrial trucks, hand tools, gauges, and computer systems.
Lacquers, coatings, additives, rags, solvents, lubricants, etc. Machine repair parts.
- Check spray machines for proper lacquers, nozzles, pressures, and settings. Maintain supply of lacquers, solvents, and other materials.
- Check Machine. Analyze mechanical and operational troubles and for and take corrective actions. Make necessary corrections and adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Make changeovers or conversions by setting up assigned equipment for changes in material, size, or product. Check, test, and measure product for quality specifications and visual defects.
- Make repairs- replace worn or damaged parts, retime machine action
- Operate, repair, clean, lubricate equipment as required to maintain production. Clear jams, check lacquers, lubricants, supplies and add or change materials. Request or obtain additional quantities of supplies.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspection of assigned equipment and record findings and take appropriate action. Perform maintenance work orders as required.
- Analyze spoilage as to cause and take corrective action. Analyze and record comments regarding production delays
- Notify supervisor of any incidences of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken.
- Operate equipment and assist production as directed.
- 1 year of experience
- 1 to 2 years of Computer skills
- SAP experience preferred
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent
- Some college or technical school preferred
These statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Some of the work requirements which are common to all jobs are housekeeping, meeting productions and quality levels, relief of others for brief periods, safety considerations and participation in teams and at meetings. All these common elements have been included in the evaluated level of the job.
Workday shift until training is complete 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Night shift and Day shift needed 7:00 PM – 7:00 AM or 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
4 on 4 off rotating shift you don’t work the same days every week.
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.