Job ID: 15619
AMETEK Power & Data Systems (PDS) is seeking a Inside Technical Sales Manager with proven experience in a highly engineered product industry. This position will lead the Customer Service team with process improvements and ensuring the department goals are accomplished to maintain competitiveness and assure effective customer support. The position will also undertake major contracts development for OEM and Repair Sales.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Directly supervises Customer Service employees across PDS sites. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and hiring; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance and setting development goals; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Lead major commercial and defense department quotations activities from RFQ to Contract Award for both OEM and Repair Sales
• Perform and develop new methods for complicated analysis of sales and market data for review by AMETEK leadership team.
• Provide input to business forecasts for monthly orders and sales and annual budget and Strategic Plan.
• Act as the primary interface between assigned customers and AMETEK Sales, Engineering, Materials, Operations and Finance colleagues to support customer needs and AMETEK business objectives.
• Lead departmental project(s) in developing and improving processes and procedures.
• Make recommendations to Management team on customer opportunities and issues.
• Review and negotiate contract Terms and Conditions for the Customer Service and Sales Team.
• Responsible for pricing negotiations to realize AMETEK’s pricing requirements.
• Resolves any disputes with customers that may arise.
• Provide leadership and guidance on import/export compliance with U.S. laws and ensure compliance to US Export Regulations.
• Performs other duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Degree in engineering is highly desired
• Minimum 5 years in Customer Service experience within a manufacturing environment. Aerospace experience a plus.
• Strong contract negotiation experience (Commercial / Military) is required
• Prior experience in managerial role is required.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills and abilities to facilitate effective teamwork with others.
• Strong leadership skills demonstrated through leading by example.
• Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite with MS Excel skills required.
• Experience with a MRP/ERP (Oracle) system.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.