SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
The Inspector will perform product safety, or quality inspections according to specific client requirements. This position will be supporting the state of Florida area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review all instructions and documents to ascertain procedures and objectives of assignment prior to the start of an inspection
- Review inspection criteria and all information for completeness prior to the start of an inspection
- Record all observations and take photos for the final report
- Execute inspection in the proscribed time frame within proscribed costs
- Execute all work with a professional demeanor aligned with the SGS Integrity Policy
- Deliver well-written (typed) electronic report along with photo documentation within a proscribed time frame
- Identify, label and prepare samples for forwarding to laboratory if testing is requested
- Provide estimate of man-days needed to perform inspection based on lot/sample size/AQL as requested
- Provide travel cost estimates as requested
- Arrange travel to facility
- Perform technical report reviews as needed
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A two-year degree from a college or technical school or equivalent experience in quality control
- In-depth knowledge of Inspection Levels, AQLs and sampling plans, ANSI/ASQ Z14 (ISO 2859-1)
- Demonstrated proficiency in any or all of the following inspection types:
- Initial Production Check (IPC)
- During Production Check (DuPro)
- Final Random Inspection (FRI)
- Loading Supervision
- Quantity Verification
- Label Verification
- Defect/Claims Inspection
- Factory Evaluations
- Experience with garment inspections, both finished and unfinished
- Experience with fabric inspections esp. 4pt and 10pt.
- Experience with on-site pull testing for children’s garments
- Experience with shoe inspections,
- Experience in measuring garment points
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing process
- Understanding of factory/warehouse/dock safety rules and procedures
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.