- Have the skills and knowledge to set up and standardize equipment, process parts, interpret and evaluated per customer acceptance criteria, and document results.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the penetrant testing method/technique.
- Have the skills and knowledge to conduct systems performance checks in accordance with the applicable process written procedures.
- Be capable of providing the necessary observation, guidance, and/or supervision to trainees and Level 1 personnel.
- Be familiar with the applicable national standards, written procedures, and other contractual documents that control the method.
- Be capable of developing work instructions from approved general procedures, such work instructions, which shall require final approval by the Responsible Level 3 certified in the method.
- Have a basic knowledge of relevant product manufacturing processes and inspection technology.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices and safety regulations in work area
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Shall have current or previous document certification in accordance with NAS 410 or ASNT TC-1A in FPI
- Ability to interpret customer specifications, internal, and operation procedures
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Moderate physical demand that requires lifting or moving materials
- Shall exhibit the highest standards of ethical conduct and strive to increase the quality of the product inspection
- High school diploma/GED equivalent