ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct X-Ray inspections to approved standards on components and document any observations.
- Set up and radiograph parts utilizing film processing and digital X-Ray equipment.
- Process radiographs and interpret film per company and customer requirements.
- Document non-conformances and initiate a non-conformance report while technically describing the areas of concern.
- Monitor and insure X-Ray inspection/test equipment is calibrated, recorded, labeled, stored and controlled.
- Maintain records equipment material per procedures, standards and customer requirements
- Gather quality data and present the results in an organized manner.
- Interfaces with Production, Manufacturing Engineering and other functions on processing issues and works as a team to develop a “capable” process.
- Learn and adhere to required safety standards and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Three (3) year of experience as a Level 2 X-Ray Technician; aerospace industry experience preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- General knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Able to understand and interpret technical plans, specifications, and operations sheets, etc.
- Ability to use and interpret conventional measuring instruments
- Working knowledge with Computer and various software / programs (Windows, MS Office, E-mail, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms, as needed at all levels of the organization.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Radiographic Level 2 Certification required; Level 3 preferred.
INTERNAL CANDIDATE INSTRUCTIONS:
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website: www.bginc.com. Click on careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support Barnes Group Inc. business objectives.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)