Our values are the heartbeat of our organization and we live, breathe and play by them every day. Join our team as a Training Instructional Designer and experience the satisfaction of being part of a unique culture. As a Percepta team member, you can expect
- Culture of Service - to be treated like you are the customer from day one
- Teamwork – belonging to a supportive family team environment that encourages growth, fosters trust and open communication and acknowledges value in your contributions
- Respect – a team that is accountable, dependable and gives you their full attention
- Proactive – to surround yourself with solution-oriented people who strive to improve themselves, others and the organization
- Career growth and lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
- Diversity - be a part of our growing diverse and community-minded organization that is all about having fun!
- Competitive compensation – we take care of family, which is why we offer more than just competitive wages and great benefits. Our programs offer incentives and promote physical, mental, and financial wellness.
Training Instructional Designer analyzes the training needs for client-based programs. Works closely with clients to assess, develop, and implement training materials. Designs and develops new hire programs and continuous training by project using ADDIE and other adult learning methodologies. Evaluates and administers alternative training methods and develops standard training materials using various multi-media formats. Assess content development effectiveness to enhance training content as needed. Partner with Operations and Clients to build knowledge checks when needed, assess results, and recommend training needed as an outcome.Duties and Responsibilities
- Training Analysis/Evaluation
Conduct front-end needs analysis to identify curriculum objectives and development needs. This includes working closely with the client to identify scope, objectives, and approach of project.
Develop timelines and project plan for development, deliver project plan and receive approval of timeline. Conduct analysis on operational performance to identify knowledge gaps. Develop training action plans for individuals and groups based on performance needs. Using Adult Learning Principles, select the most effective instructional methods for delivery including but not limited to eLearning, self-paced, or virtual delivery methods.
Partner with internal and external customers identify training needs by program.
Partner with internal and external clients to create and edit training materials.
Using defined program metrics, measure the effectiveness of training. Modify content when gaps are identified
Provide project status updates and any risks to Training Supervisor in a timely manner. Partner with Training Supervisor to develop action plan to address risks and meet timelines.
Conduct post-project analysis to determine the quality of implementation and provide feedback recommending training modifications.
Design, Development and Implementation
Design and develop learning objectives and outcomes.
Design and develop facilitator and participant material for new hire and continuous training by project, using adult learning principles.
Design practical application scenarios including practice exercises, role plays, case studies, games and simulations.
Develop and maintain knowledge artifacts to be used in both training and production.
- Develop and conduct train-the-trainer (TTT) sessions.
Develop evaluations of content that are linked to the performance objectives to aid in validating content effectiveness.
Schedule and lead regular project meetings with internal and external clients to include communication of project status and development.
Maintain source materials and final content in a shared location to be used for future development needs.
Maintain a positive work environment that fosters team performance.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
Minimum of 3 years of professional training and development experience
1-3 years of instructional or Curriculum Design preferred
Prefer Call Center or Customer Service/Hospitality experience
Advanced computer skills: Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Internet and Visio, Intermediate SPSS, Microsoft Project, Advanced Adobe PageMaker and Photoshop
Advanced Instructional Design Program skills in Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, Captivate, and proficiency with Learning Management Systems.
- Strong project management skills
Ability to work with all levels of employee and management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Ability to develop training material with short timelines
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude
Ability to prioritize business requests and self-manage workload and timelines
- Analytical, design and development skills
Able to work a flexible schedule to include extended evening and weekend hours as needed
Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously
- Able to travel on a limited basis