We are seeking an Instructional Designer to join American Tower’s Human Resources organization. The Human Resources team attracts, engages, and develops people within a culture that inspires excellence. Day to day you will focus on designing, developing, implementing, maintaining, and evaluating learning and development materials and programs. As an Instructional Designer you will partner cross-functionally to develop a variety of learning programs and materials and communicate learning and development best practices.
Our Core Principles are the foundation of our culture, and we’re focused on achieving continued success by thinking long-term, leading with values, and creating value with decisions. Come grow your career with us!
What You Can Offer Us
- Use instructional design knowledge and experience to create clear and engaging instructional materials that effectively meet the development needs of employees and the Company’s goals.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts from all levels of the organization to translate complex information and concepts into easy-to-understand learning materials that are technically accurate.
- Participate in all aspects of training development, including the definition of learning outcomes, organization of content, creation of materials, and training delivery.
- Create storyboards, audio and simulation scripts, job aids, scenarios, learning activities, online course content, instructor-led presentations, learning assessments, user guides, animations, videos, and podcasts using sound instructional design theory and adult learning principles.
- Review existing courses and materials to ensure content remains relevant and up to date.
- Promote training programs and developmental thinking within the organization. Look for opportunities to enhance the design and delivery of learning solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, or a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven experience developing training in a corporate environment required.
- Minimum of 2 years of training-related writing experience required.
- Minimum of 1 year of project management experience required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current instructional theories and principles applicable to web-based, instructor-led, and blended learning programs. Experience with emerging methodologies strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using a variety of multimedia technology and authoring tools, including Articulate, 360, and/or Storyline required. Experience with Rise preferred.
- Approximately 15% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
American Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.