SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Performs sample preparation, GC-MS/FID and/or LC-MS/PDA and/or ICP-MS/OES analysis on extractable and leachable (E&L) testing of pharmaceutical containers and medical devices. Performs duties according to LSS Global direction and in compliance with cGMP and GLP regulations and SGS Integrity programs.
- Chemistry Supervisor-E&L, Life Science Services, Fairfield
Operate and maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation required for cGMP analysis of samples.
Prepare chemical solutions following standard operating procedures and appropriate testing methods.
Operate and maintain Gas Chromatograph with Mass Spectrometer (GC-MS) and/or High-Pressure Liquid Chromatograph with Mass Spectrometer (LC-MS)
Maintain an inventory of laboratory chemicals and disposable equipment necessary for the daily functioning of the laboratory.
Write and review protocols and reports for Extractables and Leachables (E&L) studies; perform testing in accordance with specified methods; and document activities in accordance with cGMP.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in degree in in Chemistry, Food Safety and Technology, or related field
- Must have 1 year of experience with GC-MS or LC-MS techniques, in terms of instrument operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting, and data interpretation for small molecule applications;
- 1 year of experience with operational software of analytical instruments and with Microsoft Office
- 1 year of experience with experimental design and documentation
- 1 year of experience with chemical solution and sample preparation, chemical weighing following protocols.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.