SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Performs sample preparation, GC-MS/FID and/or LC-MS/PDA and/or ICP-MS/OES analysis on extractable and leachable (E&L) testing of pharmaceutical containers and medical devices. Performs duties according to LSS Global direction and in compliance with cGMP and GLP regulations and SGS Integrity programs.
- Chemistry Supervisor-E&L, Life Science Services, Fairfield
- This position works under general supervision.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment and instrumentation required for cGMP analysis of samples.
- Prepares chemical solutions following standard operating procedures and appropriate testing methods.
- Operates and maintains GC-MS/FID and/or LC-MS/PDA and/or ICP-MS/OES instruments.
- Keeps an inventory of laboratory chemicals and disposable equipment necessary for the daily functioning of the laboratory.
- Performs wet chemistry and raw material analysis as requested.
- Perform testing in accordance with specified methods.
- Document activities in accordance with cGMP.
- Maintains orderly work area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related science degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience on GC-MS/FID and/or LC-MS/PDA and/or ICP-MS/OES.
- General knowledge of chemistry and knowledge of various analytical techniques and methodologies.
- Communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of another language besides English (French or Spanish) is an asset.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.