SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 90,000 employees in 130 countries, and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Life Sciences Services (LSS) from SGS – optimize your development timelines to get medicines and medical devices to market quickly and safely. As a result, we are often a preferred partner for the top 20 pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
Performs sample preparation, microwave digestion, Gas Chromatography (GC), High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Inductively Coupled Plasma Spectroscopy (ICP) and/or dissolution on raw material, finished product and in-process samples. Responsible for recording results in appropriate format and evaluating data to client or compendial specifications.
Performs duties according to LSS Global direction and in compliance with cGMP and GLP regulations and SGS Integrity programs.
- Performs Quality Control / Stability / Release testing on a variety of client samples.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment and instrumentation required for cGMP analysis of samples.
- Prepares chemical solutions following standard operating procedures and appropriate testing methods.
- Operates and maintains ICP-OES and/or ICP-MS.
- Keeps an inventory of laboratory chemicals and disposable equipment necessary for the daily functioning of the laboratory.
- Performs wet chemistry and raw material analysis as requested.
- Perform testing in accordance with specified methods.
- Document activities in accordance with cGMP.
- Maintains orderly work area.