SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 90,000 employees in 130 countries, and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Life Sciences Services (LSS) from SGS – optimize your development timelines to get medicines and medical devices to market quickly and safely. As a result, we are often a preferred partner for the top 20 pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
The Instrumentation Chemist performs sample preparation, Gas Chromatography (GC) and/or High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and dissolution on raw material, finished product and in-process samples. You'll also be responsible for recording results in appropriate format and evaluating data to client or compendia specifications.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment and instrumentation required for cGMP analysis of samples.
- Prepares chemical solutions following standard operating procedures and appropriate testing methods.
- Operates and maintains Gas Chromatograph and/or High Pressure Liquid Chromatograph.
- Keeps an inventory of laboratory chemicals and disposable.
- Perform testing in accordance with specified methods.
- Document activities in accordance with cGMP.
- Performs wet chemistry and raw material analysis as requested.
Education, Required Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related science degree.
- Must have minimum of 1 year of laboratory operations, services experience and HPLC experience with a manufacturer or inventory production company in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of another language besides English (French or Spanish) is an asset.
- GMP- Good Manufacturing Practices experience preferred.
- Cosmetic or Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.