Special Counsel is currently growing our presence in the West Michigan Legal market. We are currently seeking multiple direct hire Insurance Defense Litigation Paralegals to support our clients that are involved in busy insurance defense litigation practices across the West Michigan legal market. On point candidates will have the following experience and credentials:
- Experience handling matters related to discovery including, but not limited to, drafting answers and interrogatories, culling for responsive documents and working with electronic discovery (eDiscovery) software platforms.
- Summarizing medical records is critical for this role.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with medical terminology.
- Summarizing depositions.
- Demonstrated experience summarizing expert medical depositions is not required but highly sought after.
- Supporting attorneys as they prepare for depositions and trial.
- Demonstrated experience with meeting and or exceeding yearly billable hour requirement
Candidates with at a Paralegal Certificate from an A.B.A. approved paralegal program are highly sought after. Our clients will also consider candidates who have plenty of on point experience but have a Bachelors Degree and no paralegal certificate.
Salary is commensurate with experience but our client is looking for people who have at least two or more years of experience to keep up with this busy practice.
If you are interested, please send your resume asap. Also, keep an eye out on www.specialcounsel.com for future job postings.