Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your insurance financial accounting and operations expertise to enhance a dynamic and rapidly growing insurance business? If so, this may be the opportunity for you to grow your career and further develop your leadership skills.
The Insurance Manager, Finance and Operations ("Insurance Manager") is a key member of the Segal Select Insurance Brokerage Services team and oversees the financial operations of the Practice including accounts receivables and payables, revenue attribution, and client billing.
The Insurance Manager will manage the financial accounting and bookkeeping staff to support the Insurance Brokerage Services operations. The Insurance Manager brings insurance financial operations expertise combined with a sound understanding of accounting practices and project management skills. Collaborating closely with leadership, team members, and our corporate Finance team, the Insurance Manager will oversee and guide our insurance financial operations team who deliver on our operational excellence and our high level of client service and quality.
The Insurance Manager contributes to profitability by identifying operational efficiencies and cost management opportunities and, if applicable, profitable revenue growth avenues. The incumbent also contributes to work flow enhancements, business unit thought leadership, intellectual capital and/or innovation efforts. Integral is contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture.
- Oversee, conceive and execute the insurance financial operations of the practice
- Manage and assist with the hiring, training, and performance managing of financial operations staff and oversee their daily activities, as appropriate. Mentor team members and develop training for the team on insurance financial operations best practices. Participate in and provide regular opportunities for professional development and growth to the team
- Be a super user of AMS 360 and manage its utilization within the Practice
- Serve as a liaison between the Practice, Finance, IT, Legal and clients
- Assist with the management of carrier contracts
- Analyze complex quantitative and qualitative data in an efficient manner and synthesize the output into meaningful and actionable insights
- Stay abreast of current technology, techniques and market trends, providing a continuous stream of innovative ideas to the Practice
- Undergraduate degree and 8 years of financial management experience within the insurance industry. MBA preferred
- Solid foundational knowledge of insurance products including P&C, management liability, and cyber insurance and insurance financial operations including revenue attribution, commissions and client billing
- Demonstrated financial acumen and experience developing detailed financial models / analysis
- Proficiency with MS Office and AMS 360 with advanced expertise in Excel
- Strong technical, project management, influencing, written and verbal communications skills
- Confidence in presenting ideas and concepts to leadership and other internal clients
- Persistent curiosity and a commitment to aggressively pursue continuous learning
- Ability to successfully organize and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment with superior attention to detail
Why Join Us?
- We are independent, private and employee-owned firm that is strategically agile as a business offering consulting advice that is unbiased and highly trusted by our clients.
- We are the right size...big enough to compete and succeed and...small enough to feel like you're part of something special where your contributions are important because...they are.
We Are All About Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Segal:
We are committed to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusiveness and demonstrated this through our recruitment, retention, employee nurturing and development programs. We get that maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.