Int. Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As an App Developer, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Intermediate Applications Developer provides input and support for full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She performs tasks within planned durations and established deadlines. This position collaborates with teams to ensure effective communication in supporting the achievement of objectives. He/She provides knowledge, development, maintenance, and support for applications. Position is for the IWA Application to develop and support Enterprise releases.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in Java development
- Proficient in developing/implementing J2EE based applications using JSP, Java, XML, JMS, Servlet and EJB
- Coding experience in Struts-2 as well as knowledge of Weblogic, SSL and Oracle RDBMS (version 12C), PL/SQL and HTML
- Excellent communication skills, work well in a team environment. Strong analysis and problem solving skills, as well as experience using Windows MS Office tools. Self-Motivated, Team player
- Master's degree desired
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law