Are you a college student majoring in Agriculture, Environmental Science, Occupational Health and Safety, or other related fields? Do you possess excellent leadership, multi-tasking and communication skills? If you said yes to these questions, and you have good interpersonal skills, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
As an Agriculture EHSS Intern, you will gain a realistic job preview of the agricultural chemical, fertilizer, seed, and technology industry and the way environmental and occupational safety empowers the industry. You will also have opportunities to explore future career opportunities as an EHSS Regional Support Manager and beyond. During our 12-16 week summer program, you will work closely with a mentor to support branch operations by building partnerships among key teams to continually promote and partner with locations. This position will assist and partner with locations to better understand our EHSS management system and how to fully utilize. In addition to your day to day responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to spend time shadowing to observe different career progression options within your internship focus and other departments of Wilbur-Ellis. We will be supporting you with extensive training in your role and provide professional development opportunities as a successful EHSS Intern and potential future leader for our company.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- College student majoring in Environmental and or Occupational Health and Safety field
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (optional)
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Standards (OSHA)
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills between both customers internally and externally
- Ability to work in a self-directed and team environment
- Intermediate level proficiency with standard software including MS Office Suite
- Relationship Building through communication and partnership approach
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Complete the tasks and activities outlined by the Manager and/or Mentor
- Flexible working hours to include some weekends travel (up to 25%)
- Interaction with both internal customers and communities we operate in
- Support the employer, keep the employer's business confidential, and work for the employer's best interest
- Supporting branches and conveying messages in the implementation of the EHSS management system
- Provide community interaction using programs focused on hazard recognition in the Agricultural Industry
- Comply with company safety standards
- Submit a final project, PowerPoint presentation of the internship
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on previous experience and other factors)
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
environmental environmental environmental environmental environmental environmental environmental
science science science science science science science
safety safety safety safety safety safety safety
occupational health occupational health occupational health occupational health occupational health occupational health occupational health