The General is seeking a Claims Intern to join our company for the summer of 2020!
Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement, if you’ve got the ambition. The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.Responsibilities
What You'll Do
As the Claims Intern, you will assist with various activities relative to our Claims department. You will research, evaluate, plan and execute small projects. You will conduct research and testing as part of larger project teams. You will also be involved in developing processes and programs to support the Claims team. You will identify, define, and employ an analytical strategy to proactively and reactively support data investigation.
- Support and plan work on small projects with direction from management
- Assist management and other department personnel to support larger projects (e.g., managing project schedule and status reporting)
- Assume the duties normally performed in the department, alongside professionals who perform these roles
- Work with various departments and/or vendors to gather information needed for various projects
- Present project results to management and/or department personnel
- Perform analytical work
- Conduct research using the internet and other sources of information
- Create or update systems or databases for specific department needs
- Create and maintain complex spreadsheets, dashboards and database queries
- Analyze information contained in reports as requested or needed.
- Use various data tools to pull information and create reports.
- Develop, produce and maintain ad hoc and custom reports working with all functional areas of the company.
- Strategically mine policy data, claim data, vendor data and other transaction data to identify or confirm trends.
The Team You’ll Join
We are a team of multi-tasking, empathetic and customer oriented adjusters. We have a competitive spirit that drives our attention to detail and agility. We are curious life-long learners. We take pride in our work as we support our customers through unfortunate life events.