The General is seeking a Human Resources Intern to join our company for the summer of 2020!
Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement, if you’ve got the ambition. The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.Responsibilities
What You'll Do
As the HR Intern, you will assist with various activities relative to our HR department. You will research, evaluate, plan and execute small projects. You will conduct research and testing as part of larger project teams. You will also be involved in developing processes and programs to support the HR team.
- Support and plan work on small projects with direction from management
- Assist management and other department personnel to support larger projects (e.g., managing project schedule and status reporting)
- Assume the duties normally performed in the department, alongside professionals who perform these roles
- Work with various departments and/or vendors to gather information needed for various projects
- Present project results to management and/or department personnel
- Perform analytical work
- Conduct research using the internet and other sources of information
- Create or update systems or databases for specific department needs
The Team You’ll Join
We are a team of passionate, hard-working HR professionals. We value compassion, transparency and inclusivity. We Make Life Easier® for our employees by giving them peace of mind. We educate, train, collaborate, include, and develop our employees. We take pride in our work and enjoy serving others.