SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Internal Control Manager is a key managerial role within SGS North America. In this position, you will primarily be responsible for managing SGS ICOFR (Internal Control over Financial Reporting) and Enterprise Risk Management group initiatives in North America. You will conduct ongoing reviews of organization controls, operating procedures, and compliance with policies and regulations. This position will perform advanced level and/or managerial professional assessment of Internal Controls. Assess the adequacy and extent of controls designed to safeguard organization assets. Compiles and issues report detailing conclusions and providing recommendations for improvements.
- Responsible for managing SGS ICOFR (Internal Control over Financial Reporting) and Enterprise Risk Management programs in the US.
- Perform annual walkthroughs over key financial processes (Financial Reporting, Fixed Assets, Intercompany, Inventory, Order-to-cash, Procure-to-Pay, Payroll, Pension, Tax, Treasury and IT).
- Assess the design effectiveness of SGS North America’s internal controls.
- Execute and document testing to confirm operating effectiveness of SGS North America’s internal controls.
- Propose constructive and practical improvements in terms of minimizing risks as a result of these walkthrough and testing. Follow implementation on corrective actions.
- Maintain all internal control documentation in line with Group requirements.
- Prepare presentations on the outcome of the ICOFR campaign for SGS Senior Management (Group CFO, Group Controller, Regional Controller).
- Perform monthly supervisory controls and testing over Unbilled revenues and Work-in-Progress balances (critical accounting estimates).
- Perform data analytics procedures on purchases, Pcards transactions and expense reports.
- Perform recurring control activities such coordinating the review of users access rights of financial applications, maintaining grant of authority, …
- Assist Finance and Compliance Manager on preparing opening balance sheets for business combination.
- Coordinate and assist internal and external auditors in their periodic reviews.
- Follow up and support operations/function leaders on the resolution of Corporate Internal Audit Findings and External auditors Management letter comments.
- Execute, document and report any ad-hocs audits or investigation as required by Senior Management.
- Handles special projects.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, or Accounting, or Business Administration, or related field.
- 5+ years of full-time experience in external audit, SOX 404 compliance, internal controls with a Big 4.
- Strong knowledge of COSO, risk and controls standards, enterprise risk management and business process best practices.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting and understanding of IFRS and US GAAP.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including written and verbal communication, especially in developing positions / preparing reports and presentations for SGS Senior Management.
- Capability to thrive in a fast-paced and highly demanding environment
- CPA and/or CIA
- Working knowledge of Oracle-based financial systems
Travels up to 20% of time. Incidental international travel may occur.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.