Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories with popular brands including Smithfield, Eckrich ®, Nathan's Famous ®, Farmland ®, Armour ®, Farmer John ®, Kretschmar ®, John Morrell ®, Cook's ®, Gwaltney ®, Carando ®, Margherita ®, Curly's ®, Healthy Ones ®, Morliny ®, Krakus ® and Berlinki ®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental and food safety and quality programs.
The International Account Specialist provides primary after sale support for each shipment by: reviewing orders from customers; confirming product ordered is in correct quantities to meet container loading or vendor requirements; confirming correct pricing and payment terms are reflected in the order; working with customer and credit department on any special payment terms associated to the customer, work with Purchasing to assure product is shipped as expected and working with inspection agencies to arrange dates and provide documents for inspection. Generate necessary daily, weekly and monthly reports for review. May enter orders in SAP as needed.Core Responsibilities
Customer Service & Order Change Management:
- Ensure all orders are scheduled to prevent production/shipping errors.
- Handles all order change management that is necessary due to production shortages, incomplete information, missing funds and various other reasons.
- Responsible for updates to customer records.
- Assist claims department on matters related to export orders.
- Maintain ongoing and positive relationships with sales staff to keep them continually updated with all necessary information regarding shipping schedules, etc.
- May need to understand International Letters of Credit and ensure orders are schedule to meet requirements.
- May assist accounting departments in dealing with payment issues.
Planning & Logistics:
- Coordinate and schedule shipments within appropriate operating system.
- Oversee inventories for export orders and may need to verify fund availability prior to scheduling.
- Responsible for tracking and scheduling export shipments based on costs, weight, number of orders and shipping location.
- Review and organize export documentation and keep current with USDA export requirements for countries assigned to.
- Responsible for post order scheduling follow-up.
- Ensure customer satisfaction at all times by effective resolution of issues and timely response to questions and all inquiries.
- Responsible for facilitating communications relating to export shipments between internal departments, 3rd party warehouses and customs broker.
- Additional duties as assigned by CSR Export Specialist Manager to include but not limited to assisting with order validation and order entry.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 2+ years’ relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Knowledge of the Internet, Excel spreadsheet software and Word processing software and PowerPoint.
Strong oral and written language skills.
Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
May be required to travel on rare/occasional instances.
Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits