Responsible for receiving, checking, storage and distribution of all perishable and non perishable Nutrition Services' food items and supplies. Is responsible for
taking inventories, which directly affect the level of Nutrition Services' purchasing. Fullfills the overall supply function for the department. Completes all aspects
of Child Developement Center and Drug and Alchohol Center meal deliveries.
CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER AND DRUG AND ALCHOHOL CENTER:
Responsible for all aspects of meal service to the Child Development Center and the Drug and Alcohol Center. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets
(1) Obtains and delivers perishable and non perishable food items and supplies to the Child Development Center per established guidelines. Delivers
and picks up mail for the Child Development Center.
(2) Child Development Center deliveries are made in a timely manner with respect to proper food handling techniques and established timelines.
(3) Guarantees the Child Development Center dishware, flatware, etc. is washed, sanitized and returned in a timely manner. Maintains the transport
Cambro trucks and containers.
(4) Obtains and delivers perishable and non perishable food items and supplies to the Drug and Alcohol Center per established guidelines. Delivers and
picks up mail for the Drug and Alcohol Center.
(5) Drug and Alcohol Center delivery is made in a timely manner with respect to proper food handling techniques and established timelines.
(6) Maintains the transport Cambro trucks and containers for the Drug and Alcohol Center.
(7) Maintains the Nutrition Services van used to deliver Child Development Center and Drug and Alcohol Center items.
DISTRIBUTION AND INVENTORIES:
Responsible for distribution and inventories of all perishable and non perishable food items. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Maintains par inventories in production storage areas. Stocks assigned areas with necessary supplies for daily use following par inventories.
(2) Rotates inventories in the production area storerooms.
(3) Accurately inventories and requisitions items removed from the ground level storeroom through the computerized information system.
(4) Ensures all dry storage temperatures are monitored and recorded daily.
(5) Delivers requisitioned items to production areas in a timely manner.
(6) Inventories are completed in a timely manner.
(7) Reconciles inventory discrepancies when necessary and in a timely manner.
RECEIVING, CHECKING, AND STORAGE:
Responsible for all aspects of proper receiving, checking and storage of all perishable and non perishable food items. The Responsibility and Accountability
'meets standards' when:
(1) Receives all perishable and non perishable food and supply items. Checks for quantity and quality. Weighs and dates items against the receiving
worksheets. Signs all invoices and submits to the Nutrition Clerk.
(2) Rejects items that are poor quality, damaged or not ordered. Makes the necessary adjustments on invoices. Notifies the Nutrition Clerk of
adjustments. Notifies appropriate personnel when items that are ordered are not delivered.
(3) Maintains storeroom and refrigerated storage spaces in a safe and sanitary manner. Ensures all storage areas comply with all health and JCAHO
(4) Rotates stock of perishable and non perishable items using the FIFO method.
(5) Uses the computer based system to accurately communicate food receipts.
(6) Actively pursues avenues to obtain needed items from vendors on short notice.
(7) Completes daily orders in the absence of the purchasing supervisor. Supervisors fax or call in these orders.
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, patient confidentiality, and other Federal, State and Local laws and regulations, as
appropriate. The content of this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work expectations performed by incumbents in this
classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all position duties required and performed by the incumbent in the role. Nothing in this job
description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This document does not create an employment
contract, implied or otherwise. It does not alter the ‘at will’ employment relationship between the company and the employee. The organization has the right, at
its sole discretion, based on business and patient needs, to alter or change the expectations at any time.
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
PA Driver License
Excellent Communications Skills
Excellent Interpersonal Skills
Computer Skills to include use and navigation