The Inventory Coordinator ensures that company inventory remains accurate through robust cycle counting programs. Reporting to the Materials Manager, is responsible for daily cycle counting, maintaining inventory records, and managing returned goods.
Must demonstrate strong organizational skills, close attention to detail, maintain a high level of quality, and possess physical strength to handle packages and boxes on a regular basis.
Education and Qualifications:
* High School Diploma or equivalent is required
* Minimum of 5 years related inventory control experience
* Knowledge of warehouse management principles including cycle counting and inventory reconciliation
* Experience processing returns of defective materials a plus
Skills and Specifications:
* Is capable of using computer inventory software.
* Exhibits ability to read and interpret inventory reports and packing slips.
* Demonstrates strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
* Works well with a team.
* Manages time efficiently.
* Is capable of employing basic math skills.
* Communicates clearly and effectively.
* Demonstrates professional and polite demeanor
* Able to meet deadlines and excel in a high paced manufacturing environment
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications a plus
* Cycle counts inventory for official records.
* Checks actual inventory against computerized records.
* Reports any discrepancies in inventory records to Warehouse Supervisor
* Records defective materials received from production floor
* Coordinates with Purchasing to request returned goods authorizations from suppliers
* Packs and labels returned goods appropriately for shipment to suppliers
* Uses inventory software to keep track of materials, returns, and receipts.
* Ensures that stock room is clean and well organized.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.