Are you an ambitious, multi-tasker who can solve problems in a fast-paced environment that loves BACON?\u201d Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
The Inventory Stock Clerk will be responsible for assisting Route Sales Representative with the proper merchandising of Smithfield products at store locations. The Inventory Stock Clerk will be required to stock Smithfield products at the store locations, display related POS material, take product inventory to insure proper rotation, and assist in the successful operation of the retail account.Core Responsibilities
- Stock shelves and displays with Smithfield product.
- Take product inventory and rotate current product.
- Coordination of activities required to support new store openings, re-grand openings, and/or store conversions.
- Correct any miss-rotation of code dating problems and removing items from the case.
- Work all back stock in stores into cases.
- Ensure that POS materials are in place (i.e. nutrition & recipe books, static clings, etched glass, etc.).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma required; some college or specialized training in the food or retail industry is a plus.
- 1+ years of related experience in the food industry or retail experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Extensive local travel, up to 100%, required.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits