We are looking for a dynamic Investigative News Producer for a Washington, D.C.-based national evening newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage their time in order to help contribute to an exciting and informative newscast. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it powerful and memorable on multiple platforms. Knowledge of the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) process, computer-assisted reporting, and data-driven reporting is required along with familiarity of legal issues related to investigative television news reporting. Strong writing skills and knowledge of current events is essential. Dynamic storytelling skills are a must.
If you are a news “seeker” and content “predator”, this is the job for you. This is a highly collaborative environment. The ability to work as part of a team is a must.
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community to enterprise story ideas
- Identify and pitch investigative angles on big daily news stories
- Work closely with Producer and Executive Producer to refine investigative pitches and story scripts
- Write online versions of investigative reports and produce digital specific content for each investigation
- Other duties as assigned
- Three (3) years of investigative producing experience preferred
- History of award-winning investigative journalism preferred
- Must be a strong storyteller with the ability to make the complicated understandable
- Must be able to use all available tools to enhance stories, from graphics to social media
- Should be able to generate story ideas and determine the legitimacy of viewer tips
- Strong writer, storyteller
- Must be naturally inquisitive with an interest in holding government officials accountable
While applying please provide an online portfolio link for review.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.