WSBT seeks an enterprising and aggressive reporter to lead our single-topic initiative Operation Education. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge, and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it impactful and memorable. The ideal candidate is an aggressive reporter with deep curiosity and unrelenting commitment to get to the bottom of an issue and hold individuals accountable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community to enterprise story ideas
- Identify and pitch investigative angles
- Work closely with Producer and Executive Producer to refine investigative pitches and story scripts
- Develop a network of sources and experts to generate investigative stories on a regular basis
- Write online versions of investigative reports and work with Digital Investigative Producer on 'web extra' content for each investigation
- Maintain an active social media presence to build your brand and solicit original story ideas
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to develop and maintain sources
- Dynamic live television and storytelling skills are a must
- Strong social media skillset for both research and promoting stories as well as gathering viewer input
- Knowledge of the FOAI (Freedom of Information Act) process, computer-assisted reporting, and data-driven reporting along with familiarity of legal issues related to investigative television news reporting are important
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of current events
While applying please provide an online portfolio / reel link for review.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!