WEAR seeks an enterprising and aggressive reporter to join our team of investigative and consumer reporters. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge, and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it impactful and memorable. The ideal candidate is an aggressive reporter with deep curiosity and unrelenting commitment to get to the bottom of an issue and hold individuals accountable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community to enterprise story ideas
- Identify and pitch investigative angles to big daily news stories
- Work closely with Producer and Executive Producer to refine investigative pitches and story scripts
- Develop a network of sources and experts to generate investigative stories on a regular basis
- Write online versions of investigative reports and work with Digital Investigative Producer on 'web extra' content for each investigation
- Maintain an active social media presence to build your brand and solicit original story ideas
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to develop and maintain sources
- Dynamic live television and storytelling skills are a must
- Strong social media skillset for both research and promoting stories as well as gathering viewer input
- Knowledge of the FOAI (Freedom of Information Act) process, computer-assisted reporting, and data-driven reporting along with familiarity of legal issues related to investigative television news reporting are essential
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of current events
- 2 years of investigative reporting experience preferred
- History of award-winning investigative journalism preferred
While applying please provide an online portfolio / reel link for review.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.