KFOX14, in El Paso, TX, seeks an enterprising and bold investigative reporter to join our team. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge, and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it impactful and memorable. Knowledge of the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) process, computer-assisted reporting, and data-driven reporting is required along with familiarity of legal issues related to investigative television news reporting are required. Strong writing skills and knowledge of current events is essential. Dynamic live television and storytelling skills are a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain contacts and sources in the community to enterprise story ideas
- Identify and pitch investigative angles to big daily news stories
- Work closely with Executive Producer to refine investigative pitches and story scripts
- Write online versions of investigative reports and work
- Maintain an active social media presence to build your brand and solicit original story ideas
- Other duties as assigned
- 4 years of investigative reporting experience at commercial TV station is required
- A history of award-winning investigative journalism is preferred
While applying online, please include a recent web link of your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!