With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
This position is responsible for development and performance biophysical and Ab-based analytical assays for protein based novel vaccines to support vaccine discovery and development.
Biological assay development for recombinant protein antigen characterization
• Identification and generation of mAb for antigen conformation and functionality evaluation
• Development, performance and data analysis of Ab-based assays to evaluate antigen antigenicity and in vitro potency Biophysical and biochemical assay development for recombinant protein antigen characterization
• Development, performance and data analysis of biochemical/biophysical assays to evaluate antigen conformation and stability Documentation and presentation of scientific results.
• Write experimental protocols and prepare internal reports. Maintain lab notebooks.
• Interact with cross-functional project teams and stakeholders, present research results and contribute to technical advancements and publications.
• Interact with external collaborators. Lab management.
• Maintain functional laboratory equipment and follow HSE regulation. Other job duties that may be assigned from time to time.
• Support other functions and other divisions when needed.
The researcher will study immune defense against viral infection, with an emphasis on antibodies and their functions and antigen specificities. This work will support development of vaccines and other immune-based therapies.
1. Develop assays to characterize antibody functions against viruses
- Develop cell-based assays using cell lines and primary cell cultures
- Non-clinical and clinical antibody-containing samples will be investigated
2. Investigate relationships between in vitro assays and in vivo models
- Vaccination and passive immunization models will be developed
3. Documentation and presentation of scientific results
- Write experimental protocols and prepare internal reports. Maintain lab notebooks.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams, present research results, and contribute to technical advancements and publications
- Interact with external collaborators
4. Lab management
- Maintain laboratory equipment and facilities in good order
- Observe HSE regulations and best practices
5. Other job duties that may be assigned
- Support other functions and other divisions when needed
- PhD with 0-3 year academic or pharmaceutical/biotech experience or training in immunology
- Advanced knowledge of mammalian innate and adaptive immunity, human and animal viruses
- Virus culture and quantification, in vivo virus infection/challenge models
- Cell biology, including cell culture, transfection, cryopreservation
- Characterization of monoclonal and polyclonal antibody specificity and function
- Immune cell culture and characterization, including multicolor flow cytometry, ELISPOT
- Basic skills in molecular biology
- Ability to synthesize concepts from immunology and virology to develop innovative and useful experimental models and systems
- Strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills; ability to work in a team environment