Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring an Investment Fund Coordinator, Veteran Entrepreneur at our Mclean, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this job is to support a team of professionals in the delivery of fund accounting, transfer agency and financial reporting services to PenFed Foundation Veteran Entrepreneur Investment Program (VEIP) Funds. The role will involve day-to-day interactions, preparation of accounting records and financial reports, and working in a team setting to deliver accurate and timely reporting to stakeholders and investors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain the books and records of PenFed Foundation VEIP funds
- Liaise with investor relations team to maintain investor database
- Set-up and maintenance of fund structures and investments in accounting database
- Work in collaboration with fund administrator and accountant to ensure all cash and investment activity as well as accounting accruals are accurately accounted for and reconciled
- Prepare periodic Net Asset Valuations and financial reporting packs consisting of financial statements, management fee and carried interest calculations, and investor allocations and capital account statements
- Prepare capital call/distribution calculations including investor notices and cash reconciliations
- Post and release of capital notices and quarterly reporting on investor reporting portal
- Review subscription agreements and ensure investor data is correctly captured in Carta
- Handle ad hoc requests from investor partners and investors
- Work closely with team members and support functions to ensure client deliverables are delivered in a timely manner in accordance with service level agreements
- Liaise with support functions and internal stakeholders including risk and control groups, audit, compliance, implementation, and investor relations
- Adhere to control framework including internal policies and procedures
- Participate in ad hoc client projects and internal initiatives
- Support year-end process by assisting team with audit and tax requests
- Review fund governing documents and related agreements ensuring correct application of terms and condition
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required
- Experience in an accounting role would be an asset, preferred
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for Investment Funds
- Analytical thinker and problem solver with attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player with strong organizational skills and ability to see projects to completion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite and strong MS Excel skills
- Experience with Carta or a similar integrated fund administration system would be an asset
This role will not supervise/manage staff
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various locations may be required
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.