Facility: DELANEY HALL
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for developing and coordinating employment job searches for residents in the community, including initial assessment, scheduling and supervision of residents. It is responsible for ensuring that all field and phone surveillance requirements are met. In addition, it provides individual and group job readiness discussions and training in accordance with organizational policies and contract requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- May perform all duties of Monitor I (see associated job description).
- Provides employment orientation for all new residents and assesses their situations so suitable employment can be found.
- Assists residents in obtaining necessary documents to provide identity and right to work so that they will meet employer requirements.
- Contacts prospective employers and employment services by phone, mail and in-person to describe the program’s objects and solicit cooperation in providing job opportunities. Prepares and keeps current a list of all prospective employers and jobs available in the area. Establish a referral system.
- Meets with residents to establish a job search work plans that is both viable and realistic.
- Conducts group meetings with unemployed residents weekly to teach job search skills including application completion, resume writing, or interviewing techniques so that they might present themselves in a more positive way to prospective employers and increase their employment potential.
- Monitors resident pay stubs in order to ensure that they have continued in their employment and that they have worked the number of hours for which they have been signed out in the log. Makes periodic on-site job inspections only if mandated by the contract.
- Develops and maintains a job bank, referral sources for vocational training classes, and Community Resource Manual so that updated employment opportunities and resources will be readily available to residents.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with the state, county and federal program administrators who can provide assistance to residents with on-the-job training and education. Contacts other available sources of subsidized assistance training programs.
- Verifies itineraries, as required by contract, to ensure that residents are meeting program goals and contract requirements.
- Verifies residents' employment or school attendance to ensure residents are meeting employers and schools standards, as required by contract.
- Makes entries in residents' files regarding employment and school status and progress so that progress can be measures and assistance given, as needed.
- Maintains or exceeds employment goals that have been established by management to improve resident morale and enhance self-esteem through employment.
- Implements formal or informal disciplinary action for rule violations according to procedure to comply with government and contracting agency requirements.
- Participates in staff meetings by sharing observations and recommendations regarding the facility, residents and staff relations to identify and solve problems and function as a unified team.
- Maintains confidentiality obtained through job duties regarding employees, vendors, residents, outside agencies, etc. so that sensitive information is only given on a "need to know" basis.
- Complies with work rules and policies as explained in the company Employee Handbook, and the Facility Policies and Procedures Manual; and responds positively to directives from managers and supervisors in a cooperative spirit to ensure conformance to standards.
- Adheres to attendance policy; work overtime as required, to ensure adequate coverage of the program and to ensure the safety and security of the residents.
- Complies with safety rules; take appropriate corrective action to ensure work is performed in a safe manner and without injury to self or others.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.