At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Janitor who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
- CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release.
- Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Janitor performs and is responsible for all sanitation and housekeeping functions of assigned areas including cleaning, waxing, buffing, and vacuuming of floors, dusting, polishing furniture/equipment, cleans restrooms, and disposing of trash within the facility.
- Maintain and assemble inventory of needed materials, supplies, and cleaning solutions.
- Set up and operate power equipment used in cleaning and sanitation.
- Follow procedures for the sign/ in/out logs and completes work orders in accordance with company standards for workmanship and in compliance with housekeeping procedures, standards and/or specifications.
- Follow facility purchasing procedures and guidelines when requesting supplies, equipment, parts and other maintenance materials.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Six months experience in housekeeping, commercial cleaning or related custodial work experience is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran