Look for more than answers.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far-reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Java/.NET Software Engineer, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
The Java/.NET Software Engineer (when allowed) will work on-site in Cleveland, OH.
Java/.NET Software Engineer, the role:
The Java/.NET Software Engineer is responsible for maintaining and enhancing current systems in the technology portfolio under the supervision of senior staff. This professional will work as a part of a small agile team to implement new features and technologies, delivering high quality and high-performance code in an agile environment. The Java/.NET Software Engineer will leverage, evaluate and learn exciting new technologies that keep our products and teams on the cutting edge.
- Develop product features and software solutions within existing applications and new initiatives.
- Assist with the generation and analysis of business and functional requirements for proposed software solutions.
- Participate in architectural and database design discussions as they relate to product direction.
- Create design specifications, documentation, and unit testing plans as defined by the Agile development process.
- Complete development tasks independently as well as under direction from the product architect and development leads.
- Maintain and support software solutions post-production.
- Develop features completely including the front-end components and the backend systems.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners (QA, Business Analyst, Tech Pubs, etc.) in an Agile/Scrum team environment.
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 1+ years of professional experience in software development utilizing Java and/or .NET
- Experience utilizing Orchard Copia preferred
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.