Wilbur-Ellis is seeking an Enterprise Risk Management Junior Analyst in San Francisco.
Are you local to the San Francisco area or plan to move to the area soon? Do you have a novice understanding of Risk Management, EHSS, and business processes? Do you understand measurements for business success as well? Do you have experience in using Risk Management/EHSS Information Systems in a reporting and analytical role? Do you have a high proficiency level in Excel? Can you create reports and dashboards that present data in a clear and visually compelling manner?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, AND, you have a desire and tenacity to find creative solutions to business needs, we want to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Junior Analyst plays a critical role in enabling the ERM team, including but not limited to Risk Finance & Insurance (RFI) and Environmental Health, Safety and Security (EHSS), as well as the organization to manage risk by providing information through the aggregation, analysis, and reporting of actionable data insights; ultimately ensuring better decision making and execution of changes across the organization. This position will be a key resource in creating actionable business intelligence that supports the ERM team and the businesses’ decisions on risk mitigation and prevention. This position will utilize Wilbur-Ellis’ ERM system(s) and serve as a subject matter expert on accessing/reporting data, creating dashboards, and enhancing the user experience. Furthermore, the ERM Jr. Analyst will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the system(s), as well as ensuring data flows into and from them seamlessly. The ERM Jr. Analyst will work closely with other enterprise-wide groups, under the direction of the ERM Sr. Analyst, to improve the efficiency and quality of data collection, storage, and reporting. Critical to this role is the ability to serve as a resource for analysis of EHSS data, claims and exposure data, OSHA and EPA regulatory reporting and compliance, and provide general data support for business decisions.
Key Skills and Abilities include:
- Outstanding data analysis skills including strong ability to create reports with strong spreadsheet and database query expertise (e.g. Salesforce, Excel, Tableau, SQL, MicroStrategy)
- Ability to create reports and dashboards that present data in a clear and visually compelling manner
- Tenacity in finding creative solutions to business needs and demand planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Economics, Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in business analysis and/or project coordination with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in Risk Finance & Insurance and/or Environmental Health and Safety, a plus
- Practical knowledge of the tools and techniques used in enterprise risk management
- Experience in managing an ERM / EHSS systems (i.e. Riskonnect, Origami, LogicGate, Intellex, Cority, Enablon) in a reporting and analytical role (1-3yrs)
- Knowledge of project management skills including techniques and tools
- Strong report writing skills and experience in tools such as MicroStrategy
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint report building skills (use of queries, pivot tables and graphs)
- Salesforce Administrator credentials a plus
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Strong sense of initiative to identify data solutions meeting the ERM & to business needs
- Keen attention to detail and an attitude embracing error-free work products
- Driven and self-directed yet collaborative in approach
- Ability to communicate technical information among a wide audience
- A demonstrated team approach with a personality easily integrated into group efforts
- Highly motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work in a team, fulfill commitments and practice efficient time management
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
Managing ERM Systems
- Ensure all system enhancements are functional and have not impacted any current functionality
- Maintain data quality within guidelines proscribed by management
- Create processes to ensure data is scrubbed and accurate at all time
- Serve as the initial point of contact for WE business units
- Participate in future system features/module rollouts
Data Reporting & Analytical Support
- Work with ERM team and other business partners to understand needs and create and distribute meaningful data reports both on regular and ad hoc basis
- Develop data dashboards that can be refreshed and created on demand
- Utilize the system data reporting to maximum efficiency
- Monitoring of key risk indicators and key performance indicators (KRIs/KPIs) to ensure that risk-aware decisions are made
- Collaborate with stakeholders to prioritize, analyze and document business requirements to ensure the solution delivered to the customer meets/exceeds expectations
- Develop solutions for generating specific metrics and, when required, collaborate with the enterprise IT / HRIS team on implementation including owning critical processes central to the delivery of accurate metrics
- Willingness to take initiative to create analytics to support ERM and Business strategic objectives
- Assist EHSS to generate and file Tier II reports and OSHA 300 logs
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors).
- Comprehensive employee health and retirement benefit offerings.
- Relocation reimbursement is not included.
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-five years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)