Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
Responsible for collecting, accepting, and reviewing claim documents necessary under the SFIP and FEMA requirements in order to recommend, and issue, partial and final flood claim payments. Role will update System, track claim progress through to completion of all flood claims. Approves documents, enters values, issues claims payments appropriate to SFIP Coverage. Claims Advisor I will manage, facilitate and action all subsequent movements or activities, including payment, denial or partial-denials as appropriate, and reporting, through to completion of the flood claims.
- Primarily responsible for Mobile Home, Dwelling (including Condo Unit) and Small Commercial Claims.
- Reviews incoming Flood Claim documentation, makes coverage decisions based upon established processes, seeking guidance or advice when necessary.
- Determines whether and when the expert required; makes assignment to Expert; receives and reviews Expert Report (preparing-and-sending SALAE requests, issuing Expert payments), forwarding to IA Firm with Claims Advisor recommendations according to established processes.
- Reviews System work queues, promptly enters or updates data Into System.
- Enters flood claim payments within authority, seeking appropriate approval for payments-over-authority.
Claim File Management
- Adhere to FEMA regulatory, and Department processes, to maintain file quality.
- Effectively communicate with policyholder, agents, IA Firm Staff (NOT individual adjusters) to meet and exceed Claims File Standards and established SLAs.
- Monitor Documents within System work queues, working documents as needed and create follow-up diaries as required by established processes.
- Manage and prioritize work, proactively handle documents and tasks to meet SLAs, FEMA requirements and policyholder satisfaction.
Technical Claims and Escalation Management.
- Takes ownership of personal development, maintaining and improving knowledge and skills.
- Liaison with BSA, IA Firm Staff (not adjusters), and FEMA on information requests, queries, acknowledgements or other issues.
- Liaison with Claims Management for specific claims-related issues or policyholder services issues.
- Proactively identify, then notify Claims Management, of potential problems, contentious claims or general flood claims trends.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 1 – 2 years of experience.
- 9-6 (Monday to Friday) schedule availability.
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent typing skills with high level of accuracy.
- Familiar with Microsoft products.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Other job duties as assigned.